Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Going on Vacation

I will be away from the blog world for a while. We are leaving for Phoenix AZ next Thursday July 2nd and will not be back until Saturday the 10th. Does anyone know anything fun and frugal for us to do while we are there.

Here are a few things we are doing to save money before we leave and while we are there.

For starters, I am not buying any more groceries until we get back. We have been eating from our stock pile other than what I bought last week. We will be working over the next week to eat all the fruit and produce we have so nothing will be left to go bad.

We will be taking all snacks and drinks with us for the long drive. Gas station stuff is very expensive.

We are taking with us spaghetti sauce, hot dogs from the freezer, lunch meat that we already have and some mustard, relish, salad dressing etc. We will be staying at my father-in-laws house and will be cooking several easy meals while we are there instead of eating out all the time. We have the room to take extra items. I don't know much things costs there and these were all bought for a few cents or free.

I hope everyone is having a great summer. I will be back to blogging sometime the week after we get back.

No comments: