Saturday, June 13, 2009

Painting

This past week I painted my step-daughters bedroom. (The reason for not posting or Grocery shopping.) She picked out some bright color swatches at Home Depot. I price shopped the paint there and at Wal-Mart. The primer was about $3 less a gallon at Wal-Mart than at Home Depot. The rollers and the brushes were also less at at Wal-Mart so I got those there. The paint was $1 more at Home Depot than Wal-Mart but decided to get the paint there since that is was where the swatches were from. When I got to Home Depot. I told the guy at the paint counter what I wanted. His first comment was, "Those are really bright colors" and gave me a really strange disgusted look. The colors I choose to paint my house is none of his business! I told him she was turning 16 and I thought she should be able to have the room of her choice (with in reason). He then told me because the swatch was Ralph Lauran I could only have it mixed in Ralph Lauren paint. This paint is over $30 a gallon. I didn't want to paint a kids room in that expensive paint. She may change her mind in a year. I told him I wanted the paint that is around $17 a gallon. He then told me their cheapest paint was $22 and wasn't she worth the add'l $17 for the good paint. By this time I was Mad. I have had paint mixed there several times and have never had a problem. I told him I would just have it mixed at Wal-Mart where I can get it for $15-$18 a gallon. I went back to Wal-Mart and the lady there was so nice and helpful. They were able to look up the Ralph Lauren Color on the computer and mixed it to match the swatch perfect. I got the 2 gallons for $32. The nice associate at Wal-Mart told me that they can mix any color. That it sometime takes a little while to look up the color. She said the only thing she recommends mixing where you get the swatch from is Red.

No comments: