Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Walgreen's is my friend again!

I had to go out of town yesterday for work and guess what I looked for on the way there. You guessed it. A Walgreen's. The Walgreen's is my town is not coupon friendly at all. I read about Walgreen's deals all over the net where couponers have no trouble. I passed one that wasn't open yet on my way there. Then to my amazement there was a brand new Walgreen's right across the street from where I was having class. I went to that one while I was on my lunch break. They only had 6 Ragu Sauces and the Free after rebate makeup were colors that no one in my household will use. So I ended up not buying anything. On my way home I stopped at the Walgreen's I saw that morning. I'm so glad I did. They were more than helpful. I found the Revlon free after rebate item right by the front door. I started looking for the other free after rebate items, and an associate came up and asked if I needed any help. I explained what I was looking for and she looked all over the store for items with no luck. Here is a run down of what I got. Sorry no picture. I was too tired form a 8 hour day of classes and a hour and a half drive there and back.

Spring Water $.99 (I forgot to make a cooler before I left.)
8- Ragu sauces $1.99 less 8- $.25 coupons (I used 8 of the same coupons in one transaction!)
Revlon eyeshadow $4.99 less $1 coupon - will send in for $4.99 rebate
Garnier Fructis $3.99 less $2 es coupon and $1 manfg coupon (These are $3.49 at my Walgreen's so I shouldn't have got it but I didn't catch the price difference until I was already out of the store.)
6- Butterball Chicken Broth - sale 2/$1.00 (We needed this and it was a good price.)
used $10 register reward from the Pepsi deal last week
TOTAL
$14.96 and got back $10 register reward and will get $4.99 rebate back.

The checker was so nice and friendly. She said she had just started buying the Sunday paper because alot of the Walgreen's sales were based on them and she tried to always buy when things were on sale. Now that I know how friendly Walgreen's can be, I am even more upset with our unfriendly Walgreen's. I just wish I knew how to make them see that they are loosing business. I had already decided that I wasn't going to shop there this week because I should be able to use as many coupons as I can in a single transaction.

It's funny how shopping for me has changed. I use to look for places near where I was going to be to find a new purse, shoes, clothes or something else that I probably do not really need. This time I restocked my pasta sauce which was running really low.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

good deals! glad you found some nice WAGS to shop at!!