Saturday, January 17, 2009

Shopping in Branson

We spent the day shopping in Branson today with my parents. I was looking for some new Sketchers. The pair I have, I have had for 6 or 7 years and I really need some new ones. I can only wear them to work on Fridays so the last a long time. We are trying to walk several times a week and my old broken down shoes just aren't going to make it. I had no luck finding a good deal on shoes. I only paid $26 or $28 for the pair I have had for so long. I will just have to keep looking. My husband needed work jeans and he found a great deal at Belk's. He got jeans for $8.35 each. He started with 5 pairs one for each day of the week but I made him go back for more. Jeans cost more than that at Walmart. He ended up with 8 or 9 pairs. With his job he is really ruff on jeans so hopefully these will last a while. If you have a Belk's near by you should check them out. They had an additional 30% off of the clearance prices and they had clearance racks all over the store.

We then went to Target. They had all their Christmas storage containers on sale. I was so excited to get a wrapping container. I have needed one for years. Too bad I didn't buy any wrapping paper at the after Chrismas sales. Target had a lot of things on clearance. I wish I had my coupon binder with me. Note to self. I need to carry it with me every time I go shopping. I also got packs of gloves that had 2 pairs of gloves in them for $.74. Gloves seam to get lost every year so this was a great find for me. If you haven't been to Target you should go check out all the sales. It is probably a good thing that we don't have a Target in our town. I know I would spend too much money there.

It was a great day. The weather wasn't as cold as it has been and I didn't buy anything that wasn't on sale.

No comments: