Sunday, January 18, 2009

Open all your Junk Mail!

I have been trying to organize, sort, and cut coupons. In the middle of my mounds of coupons was some junk mail that got mixed in with mess. One of the envelopes from the Nielsen Company. I was just going to toss it but decided to open it since we recycle as much paper as we can. To my amazement 5 crisp one dollar bills fell out of that envelope as a thank you for completing a survey also in the envelope. The survey took less than a minute. WOOHOO!!! I will never toss an unopened envelope again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Opening junk mail is a *great* way to get coupons that you otherwise could easily miss! in the last week, I got $50 off at Sleep Country (we used these to buy new sheets - no minimum, just free money), $10 off anything at Zellers plus 25,000 reward points (worth another few dollars) - Zellers is a major Canadian discount dept store, btw), $25 off at Home Depot, and the list goes on... It would have been so easy to chuck each piece of junk mail, but it turns out to be very valuable!