Sunday, January 25, 2009

Busy Weekend

I had alot of things I wanted to get done this weekend. I always have a running list in my head of what I need to do around the house when I'm off work but somehow I never get done with the list. I would rather just be lazy after a hard/long week at work. I'm the world worst to start one thing and drift to something else and never completely get one thing finished. For instance, I was cleaning something up, I don't even remember what and I ended up putting something in the medicine box and cleaning and organizing the medicine box. Yes, that was on my never ending list of things to do but not for this weekend. Does anyone else have this problem? I am the world worst at putting things off but at least I did get some things finished like, sweeping the living room, cleaning the toilet (Yuck! I hate this!), organizing the medicine box, slicing and freezing peppers and onions, clipping coupons, shopping, making a pot of soup, and a couple of loads of laundry. We also went out to eat Friday night with the kids. I went to a wedding shower yesterday and to my grandpa's 81st birthday party today.



Here is a run down of what few things I bought at the store this weekend. We really didn't need anything but I had a few special requests and there were a few good deals I wanted to get.


Fred's

2 Electrasol $2.99 Less $2.50 Manfg coupon
Palmolive Soap $1.00 Less $.50 Manfg coupon doubled

Soft Soap $1.49 Less $.50 Manfg coupon doubled

Suave 24 hour $1.00 Less $.50 Mang coupon doubled

4 Sweet Sue Chicken Chicken Less $.75 coupon

Total before coupons $14.43


Total after coupons $2.57


Edwards:

Knowing that the pizza rolls and the Doritos would be yanked out the grocery bags before I even got through the door, I decided to try and take a photo of my cart. Not the best photo but. . .

4 Pizza Rolls $1.99 (sign said $1.69 so I will have to go back.) Less $.35 Manfg coupon doubled
2 Doritos on sale BOGO $3.99

4 Pimientos $.85 Less $.35 Manfg coupon doubled


Rotel $1.09 Less $.30 Manfg coupon doubled

2 Granny Smith Apples $1.55

5 Green Peppers on sale 5/$1.00

Total before coupons $22.90

Total spent $13.66

I have a list of things I would like to get done this week like organizing shoes in my closet, cleaning off dresser which somehow becomes a catch all, cleaning kids bathroom and step son's room. His idea of clean and mine are two different things. Maybe since I have listed them out I will actually get them done. But, they are calling for ice. If we loose power, nothing will get done.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I love the idea of taking the picture of your cart!

Anonymous said...

Great job couponing!

Did you get any wierd looks when you took the picture of your cart? Us bloggers are constantly taking photos of weird things. People must wonder, haha!