Friday, March 27, 2009

Walgreen's Rebates

Well, I finally got all my Walgreen's receipts entered for rebates. I made several trips into the store this week. One was to pick up more of the Fructis products for $.49. One of my trips the cashier was checking the prices to see if he needed to adjust my coupons so they didn't give overage. I was told more than once that they couldn't do that so of course I asked. (The manager had told me that it was FRAUD!) The cashier said that it just came down a couple of weeks ago that they could adjust coupons but they are not advertising it. (I could have gotten all my Fructis products for free a couple of weeks ago but they had told me I could not use any coupons that equaled more than the product even if it was a penny. So I didn't even go to Walgreen's that week.) The Cashier even let me use more than one of the same coupon in one transaction. Another thing they told me was fraud. I think they must have had alot of complaints. There was even a letter to the editor in the local paper about how unfriendly they were to couponers. Anyway, now I know I can get things for free until they change their mind again.

Did anyone do the Hunts tomato sauce rebate? Its so weird. A couple of the cans rang up weird prices like .80 instead of $.99. I guess because I bought a odd number so I had to go back. I ended up with 13 cans for $5.07 and will get back a $5.00 rebate. I shouldn't need tomato sauce for a while. I also got the pledge anywhere cleaner for $3.50 less printable coupon for $2.00 and will get $1 register reward making this $.50 (The Walgreen's manager had also told me that none of the stores were suppose to take internet coupons.) Other rebates I got this time was the $1.00 for ALL, $3.99 for the Free Wal-Zyr, $6.99 for the Free Axe Shampoo, and $2.99 for the free Walgreen's quick gels. I will also get 10% back for getting my rebates loaded on my gift card.

I can't believe it took me so long to figure out the Easy Saver program and now they are doing away with it. The store was here for a year and half or longer before I even knew the program existed. It wasn't until an elderly customer came into work needing a copy of her rebate form and receipts so she could mail in the originals that I thought I might need to look into the program the next time I went in the store. At that time, I didn't shop Walgreen's the way I do now. And to think I might not have found out about the program if the her bank didn't start charging $.25 for copies. Anyway, after making her copies for a couple of months she started bringing me coupons from the local newspaper that she wasn't going to use. We make copies for people all the time but since she was giving me her extra coupons I thought I might need to check with my boss and see if she cared which she didn't.

Only one more month of the Easy Saver program. I hope the whatever new program they come up with will be easy. Rumor has it that they are going to beef up their register reward program. I hope this is not the case. Register rewards are great but are so hard for me to keep up with. Maybe I need to get more organized.

No comments: