Monday, December 29, 2008

Shopping today

Scott and I are on Vacation until after the first. :) I decided to go pick up a few things from the store this morning. I was so nice to go to shop during the day. There were not very many people out. First Stop Walgreen's.
I went to get the Free after rebate Revlon Matte Makeup and a few other things. My Walgreen's didn't even have a display for these items. I asked and they said they would get a truck in tomorrow maybe they would be on that. I can't believe it. They didn't even have a spot on the shelf and it is in the rebate book and was in the flyer this week. I got several Christmas items 75% off to save for next year. I also got the Glade oil candle $3.99 less $2.50 coupon and will send in for the $1 rebate. I also got Garnier Fructis Mousse for $3.49 less $2 easy saver coupon and $1 manfg coupon. This is my favorite hair product and I got it for only 49 cents. I can't believe I haven't read about this on any of the other blogs. I will be stocking up this month. There were tons of makeup on sale. Some of every brand. I wish I would have taken more coupons with me but I had the Revlon one with me so I got some powder on sale for $3.49 and I had a $2 coupon with me. This made the powder that was normally $11.XX only $1.49.

Next stop Fred's
This is in the same shopping center as Country Mart. I got some Mean Green. It was $1.79 less $1.50 manfg coupon. My total after tax was $.31. It's not too often I walk out of a store spending only pocket change. If you have never used this stuff before it is great for all kinds of cleaning including stains on clothing, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.

Last stop Country Mart
I had went to buy chicken just to find out it was only on sale for 3 days. I splurged for some chips and dip since we are on vacation and got a good deal on some ribeye steaks. My total came to $13.32. Not one of my best deals but we are on vacation. It was so nice out today we grilled the steaks and they were yummy!