Saturday, December 27, 2008

Do you make homemade gifts?

I try to do something special from the heart for my family each year. It really seams to be a dying art. Anyway, 2 years ago I made homemade Christmas cards. It was a larger chore than what I thought it was going to be. I started in November and was still working on them mid December so they were mailed a little late. It was so worth it. My mom didn't even know they were homemade. I don't know if I did anything last year other than make some homemade peanut clusters to take to the places we would be. This year I made box of homemade candy for each family. It took several late evenings to get all the goodies done. I think everyone enjoyed the boxes. My hope this year is to be a little more organized and plan ahead. I think I have a idea of what I am going to do next year but not sure yet. If I plan now I can shop for the needed items all year long. What are some of your favorite homemade gifts that you have received or gave? How early do you start on your special gifts?

I hope to make something special every year. My little brother must know this is important to me. He gave me a book on how to have a green/homemade Christmas.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I made a natural migraine cream and hot/cold pack for some family members last year :) They turned out great, but I have also found that I have to start early or it is more stressful than I thought it would be

Angie said...

Wow! What a neat idea.