Saturday, May 30, 2009

Weekend Shopping

I finally did some grocery shopping for this week. I did pretty well and used some coupons that were expiring. At Country Mart I got 6 Knorr sides, 6 grill mates, 8 Frenches Worcestershire sauce, 5 apples and a package of steaks for $10.99. I don't know if any of the other grocery stores have these small bottles of Worcestershire sauce but it is worth checking. There were $.89 and the $.50 coupon doubled to make them better than free. I would have got eggs here but they were out so I price matched at Walmart.

I now know why I never take photos of my big grocery orders. Its hard to lay everything out and get it in the photo. This was one of my better Walmart trips. I got 59 items for $53.06. ($93.46 before coupons) That price seams really good to me since I had to get laundry soap, dog snacks, Clearasil face scrub and cream, and some junk food for the kids since they are now out of school. I just noticed that my hotdogs rang up $.88 instead of $.56 so I will be taking my receipt to get money back. It seams like every time I go to Walmart something scans wrong.

3 comments:

Anissa.Lynette said...

Girl, I hope you live close to Walmart because you'll burn up more than 30 cents worth of gas going to get that price adjustment unless you're going anyway. LOL! How's Mr. Whiskey doing these days?

Anissa.Lynette said...

Oops, never mind about Mr. Whiskey. He lives in another blog. LOL!.

Anonymous said...

Something always scans wrong at most Wal-marts, I have been boycotting them since they charged $7.00 for a two liter bottle of pop. I only go to pick up my free stuff with coupons now. That way I know I'm not being overcharged :) and don't have to worry about my time and gas trying to get back the money they stole from me.