Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Walgreen's mistake = money!!

I went to Walgreen's late Saturday night and had a very frustrating trip. I got 2 shoe inserts, toothpaste and a case of water. I should have spent around $5. Instead, after the cashier refused my coupons, scanned, deleted and rescanned items I was so confused. It cost me $15 and the toothpaste did not print the $2 register reward. It did print the $10 register reward for the inserts. The more I thought about it the more upset I got so I decided to take everything back but the water. When I went back today. The manager was super nice. He told me if I had the coupons with me he would use them. I explained that they had used one of the insert coupons but wouldn't let me use two. He took 2 coupons and handed me a $20 bill. He then explained that it shouldn't print a register reward if I used a coupon (wrong of course but I wasn't going to complain) Since it printed one, he gave it to me. Then he did the toothpaste and handed me a $2 register reward. He then told me if I have any problems again to ask for a manager, that I am a very good customer. I guess he has saw me in there several times a week. So when I look at it I spent $15 and got back $20cash and $22 in register rewards. That's good customer service!!

3 comments:

slugmama said...

Oh those wacky walgreens employees!
In the end, you made out on this trip...lol

Anonymous said...

I've had more than my fair share of problems at Walgreens. I'm glad that you were persistent and it all worked out.

Anonymous said...

hi i was wondering if you could add a feedburner to your website....so that i'd be able to subscribe through my hotmail.....thanks a lot...evelyn_88_06@hotmail.com