Thursday, May 7, 2009

Back from Miami

My husband's company sent us to Miami instead of the all inclusive trip to Cancun which we had planned for. The resort we were sent to was not for the frugal. Lets just say it cost us $42 to sit on the beach with an umbrella. (With my fair skin, I have to have an umbrella.) Thank goodness the company gave us some room credit. They also charged to sit in a chair at the pool which made me wonder what you got with the room cost. It would have cost us $45 each to go to the indoor/outdoor mall so we didn't go. Which means we didn't bring back any souvenirs. Trying not to spend much money we walked several blocks to Walgreen's to get snacks and drinks. We walked the boardwalk which didn't have anything on it and "car" watched from our balcony. Let's just say you don't see those kinds of cars in Arkansas. We did not eat in a restaurant while we were down there. (The average plate at the resort was $35 per person. A steak was $52-$95.) There were no restaurants within walking distance. We found it cost less to dine in so we did that several times. Then we order pizza and ate on it for two days. This was the first time in my life I didn't eat sea food while I was in Florida. We did get to see Regis and Kelly. Watching the paparazzi was amusing.
We are very glad to be home!

No comments: