Sunday, April 19, 2009

Garage Sales

My favorite time of year is finally here! Well that is if the weather ever cooperates. Anyway, my step kids had to go to school this Saturday since they missed so many days due to the ice storm and their school thought it was a good idea to keep spring break since the teachers already had plans for their break. (Not happy with the school!) My husband and I decided to go to some garage sales. Yes, he does go with me. He is great to hold hangers and stuff for me. It's also great that he has his wallet with him. Then I don't have to carry my purse and can have both hands free to dig. We didn't have any luck except for some Gatorade. Yes, that's right we bought Gatorade at a garage sale. Fed Ex Freight was having a sale and they were selling cases of Gatorade for $5. Knowing that it would cost around $15 to buy it at Walmart we decided to get one. We went up to pay and they had just hung up a 1/2 price sign so we got if for $2.50. We decided to go back and get 3 more. We ended up with $60 of Gatorade for $10 and it is still in date. WOOHOO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you for being mad at the school. That's crazy mess up everybody's weekend so the teachers aren't put out. Really, what's wrong with their logic? And they are "educating" our children.
Thanks for the post.

Saver Queen said...

I love that! I can't wait for garage sales this spring. Last weekend the guy at our antique store told Josh (my partner) that he had been "domesticated" and well-trained as he stood patiently holding my finds as I rummaged through antique linens, haha!