Saturday, April 11, 2009

Crazy Saturday Shopping

I went to Walmart this morning. Big mistake!! I needed to get my oil changed and some groceries. For once it took me longer to get through the store than it did to get my vehicle serviced. I have said this many times but I shouldn't get my oil changed there. I really feel like they don't know what they are doing. It is just convenient (since I had to go there anyway) when I slip up and am over the mileage and need to get it changed. Anyway, the store was completely crazy. People were everywhere. I couldn't get down any of the isles. I had a list and coupons and didn't get everything on the list which means I will have to make another shopping trip. All the managers where checking and there were still long lines everywhere. I try to go to the store without kids but going the day before a holiday was worse. I should have known it would be bad but thought I had gone early enough that I would miss alot of the traffic. My trip to Walmart took so long that I didn't get in all of the other stops I was going to make before our Easter dinner today.

Later in the day I went to Walgreen's and did pretty good. I had planned on going several times through the week but didn't make it. Transaction # 1 Paid $5.42 on gift card. Received $3.50 register reward for toothpaste and $3.00 register reward for Skintimate. Will get $2.00 +10% rebate back for Oust
Transaction #2 Paid $1.66 on gift card. Got $2 register reward back for Chap Stick

Transaction #3 Paid $17.01 got back $10 register reward.
I also stopped at Fred's for some soda which was on sale and to use the last of my chicken coupons. $.25 is a great price for can chicken. Wish I had more coupons.

No comments: