Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday Shopping

I have tons of housework to do since we were out of power for so long, but it's really hard to be quiet while my husband is trying to sleep during the day. I decided to do a little coupon shopping and add to my stock pile. Here is what I got today


FRED'S
5- Electrasol $2.99 less (5) $2.50 Manfg coupons
6- Sweet Sue Chicken $1.00 Less (6) $.75 Manfg coupons
4- Reeses Whipps $.54 less (2) $1.00/2 Manfg coupons
2-Blistex $1.00 less (1) $1.00/2 Manfg coupon
Total including tax $5.52

WALGREEN'S
Revlon Cream Lip Gloss $9.99 less $2 Manfg coupon
2- Theraflu $2/10.00 less (2) $1.50 Manfg coupons
* I had two different coupons for $1.50 so I was able to use them*
Fructis Waves Shampoo $3.49 less $1.00 Manfg coupon
Thermacare $2.49
2-Quacker Chewy Bars less $1.00/2 Manfg coupon
Less $2 register reward
Total $23.25 and will get back $21.97 back in rebates + 10% for having my rebate put on a Walgreen's gift card.

Last Stop Country Mart
24- Betty Crocker potatoes $.79 less (24) $.35 coupons doubled
*I had a rain check from when this was on sale a couple of weeks ago*
Salad $.99
Ribeye Steak $7.54 Less $3.00 off
T-Bone Steak $6.95 Less $3.00 off
Total $14.42

All in All it was a pretty good shopping day. I hate being out so much money up front at Walgreen's but my December rebates are not loaded yet and they only had a few of the free after rebate items in the store. I was afraid if I waited they would not have any. I'm glad I found some reduced meat. My husband's birthday is at the end of the month and Ribeye is his favorite. I always make sure we have one to grill for his special day.

Now, I'm going to gather up some of my stock pile to give to my sister. They are still out of power and lost or cooked the food that they had in their fridge and freezer. I figure anything she doesn't have to buy while she is trying to restock her cold goods will be helpful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad your power is back on. What a nightmare.

Leandrea at Coupons Are Great said...

No better way to recover from a power outage than shopping. You did great!