Friday, October 24, 2008

Walgreens is not my friend today!

Sorry no picture today. My day/evening has been too crazy. Anyway, the cashier I had today has never given me problems but today was different. I did one transaction for a razor and used my gift card after my coupon. My gift card is now empty :( He gave me my receipt but not my register reward. Asked if I needed my second order in a separate bag and I said no. He rang up my second order and refused to scan my coupons in the order I wanted to give them to him. I had tried to buy 2 Vick's hand sanitizers which were on sale for .87 and I had $1 coupons. (had he scanned the coupons in the order I wanted to this probably wouldn't happen because the Vick's coupons were not what beeped.) Anyway, the last coupon he scanned beeped and he didn't say anything to me and called over the load speaker for manager to do complete void. Of course he just looked at me and said coupon conflict and handed the 2 Vick's coupons back to me. The manager came over and said nothing and voided my whole order. The guy in a very hateful tone said sorry I can't accept those they are more than the price of the items. I really didn't know how much they were because they were on the clearance rack. I calmly told him I didn't want the Vick's. I explained before he voided my order and before paying for the second order that I had checked by phone and with the night manager and because the register reward is a manfg coupon they can be scanned in any order. When I was trying to explain that I had called he got so nervous and was shaking which was making me my calm mood not so calm. Then as I am paying for my second order he takes the register reward off the scanner and doesn't want to give it to me and I had to explain that he didn't give it to me from my first transactions. He acted like I was trying to steel the register reward. The poor older gentleman behind me who had to wait a long time and was going to use a rain check and some coupons said to the cashier "I had better not have any problems" which I thought was funny. Here is what I ended up buying in my second transaction.

1 organizer for a walker -$8.49 (on clearance -Christmas present for my grandpa)
2 Gillette shampoos 2/$10 - 2 $2 manfg coupons send off for $5 register rewards
Northern TP $4.00 -$2 manfg coupon and -$1.00 es coupon
-$4 register reward from earlier in the week.

Total $12.49 and will send off for $5 rebate.

I get home and find out there is a -$5/$25 coupon. Bet I could have really could have confused the cashier with that. Probably a good thing I didn't know about it. I was pretty hot when I left there which I usually am not.

No comments: