Monday, November 3, 2008

Shopping Day Sunday

Breanna and I made a rather large shopping trip on Sunday. We hit 3 stores. I spent way too much. Country Mart was having a pretty good meat sale so I bought 2 roasts, chicken, steaks. I also picked up some frozen veggies that were on sale and some Rice A Roni. We then went to Walmart and spent a ton more on fruit, salsa, laundry soap, socks, etc. I also comp ad stuff at Walmart so I don't have to drive all over town. On comp I got boneless Pork Chops which would have cost me $8.70 but I got them for $5.83 and shredded cheese for $1.50 each. I purchased 4 which should last a couple of weeks. The off brand has been running $2.26 so it was worth it to stock up. I didn't use but a few coupons. Mainly because it was less to buy a larger product that 2 smaller ones. So sad. :(

My best coupon run of the weekend was at Walgreen's. If you have thought about starting the Walgreen's game this is the week to start. Pick up a Easy Saver book at the front of the store and buy 2 Almay Mascaras on sale buy 1 get 1 free this week at $6.49. Then send off for the rebate of $6.49 and you will get 2 for free. If you have your rebate put on a gift card you also get 10% more. Anyway, here is a run down of what I got. 8 - Holiday gift bags - this weeks sale 8/$1.00 =$1.00
1-Glade flameless candle - $5.99 -$3.00 manfg coupon from Sunday paper =$2.99
(will send off for $2 rebate)
2-Almay One Coat Mascara -$6.49 buy 1 get 1 free -$1.00 manfg coupon =2/$5.49
(will send off for $6.49 rebate)
4 - Extra Gum -$1.19 buy 1 get 1 free =4/$2.39
-$1.00 register reward
-$1.00 register reward
-$1.00 register reward
Total after tax $10.06 and will get $8.49 +10% back on rebates at the end of the month.

No comments: