Monday, November 10, 2008

Hudson's run

I've decided that most of our food money goes to produce and junk food. I spent $25 on what you see below. Apples, Kiwi, potatoes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, cucumber, 2 bags of salad, 6 chicken burritos, chicken, and 3 crab meat. I have decided that I really like Hudson's produce and meat departments. It says right on the item if it is from the USA or not. If it is not from here it says where it is from. (BUYING FROM THE USA IS A BIG DEAL AT OUR HOUSE!!) They run good sales so I am going to start watching and try to buy these items there. My next stop was Walmart and we were out of junk food. It's been several months since I have bought any. It almost feels like there is no way to get grocery costs down as low as I would like. There are people out there with a family of 4 that has a $40 a grocery budget a week and some as low as $20 a month for a family of 2. It is a lot of fun hunting bargains but I don't think I will ever be that good.

No comments: