Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Getting back to normal.

Today was my first day back at work. Well, I only made it half a day. Surgery is not fun at all. I'm beginning to wonder if the gas pains from the surgery will ever go away. I'm having alot of problems with food. For starters nothing tastes right. Even pop tastes a little weird. Then after I have had 2 or 3 bites of something I feel full. But I'm hungry. I'm wondering if this is normal to be living off of water and popsicles after surgery. You would think by my diet I had throat surgery. On the upside I have already lost close to 10lbs.

I didn't have much time to prepare for surgery with one day notice so my husband made the Walmart run for me. He even price matched a couple of items and used a few coupons. He has been a great babysitter and is probably wondering if he will ever get a home cooked meal again.

Since food is not tasting that great and we have plenty of stuff in my stockpile, there won't be much shopping this week. I went through my coupons yesterday and there are several that are expiring at the end of the month that I might try to use. I have searched the ads this week and haven't found any great deals so this is a good week not to shop.

2 comments:

David said...

If people really want to get serious about saving money then they should add Bathroom Bidet Sprayers to all their bathrooms. Available at www.bathroomsprayers.com with these you won't even need toilet paper any more, just a towel to dry off! It's cheap and can be installed without a plumber; and runs off the same water line to your toilet. You'll probably pay for it in a few months of toilet paper savings. And after using one of these you won't know how you lasted all those years with wadded up handfuls of toilet paper. Now we're talking green and helping the environment without any pain.

Leandrea at Coupons Are Great said...

Feel better soon!